Saturday, August 12, 2006

I am the Saaar

I did it finally. I knew it would finally come to this and I did it. I enrolled myself as a research associate in my department.
And this gesture of foolish bravery will surely demand a change in life style. First I must ensure that I NEVER shave my beard, not let my grandmother convince me to do it. When I look at the "long" history of my department, I have come to the conclusion that only people with beards got successful results for their projects. Now I am not sure if I will be an exception in that case, but I pray each day that the laws of co-incidences always hold in my favour.

I will have to remember to stop combing my hair, not that there's much of it left, thanks to the water from the water "treatment" plant. I will have to carefully fold my shirts to have random creases, and then walk around writing down formulas in the air. Since we have a formal dress code and noise levels in the halls are to be kept frustratingly low, I dont think I can run around like Archimedis yelling "Eureka". I guess I will have to resort to something else.

What sets me apart from the other research scholars who have joined latelty is the fact that I will have to take classes for the first year MTechs in my department. To those of you who think that it is a noble chance to impart and share knowledge, let me draw your attention to the fact that I will no longer be allowed the simple pleasures of playing the guitar in lab and singing the likes of the "bulb" song.

All non-student communities can now take some time to sympathise with me. All student commumities can tremble in fear when they hear my song:

Behold this card, the red tag cries out
I am the Saar, I am the Saar
Bow to me, I make this loud
I am the rice in your sambar

Bow to me and you shall pass
All my tests, numerous they are
Laugh I will at your assignment code
For I am the Java in your .jar

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

saar .. ithu kollaalo paatu .. how abt ..

saare saare saambaare .. :)


-- subi --

Shiv said...

@Subi: Since you are not a student, I forgive you for your insolence

Anonymous said...

je vouz le saar! bom spatula helsinki?

translated : you a saar! is there a spoon in helsinki?
never mind the second part. just a random thought. but seriously... u a saar?! bet u r gonna cut marks of the poor folks who dont laff at ur sic(sic) jokes.

Shiv said...

@max: The poor folks who cannot laff don't deserve marks, do they?
And no, there is no spoon in helsinki. There is a sink though. If you are lucky, you may find a spoon in that!!!

Anonymous said...

no they dont. let them rot in supplies... putrify in low sessionals.. behehahHAHAAHEHAHAAA...

attaboy! you have still not lost touch. i am proud of you my boy.

Shiv said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Little jonny was once told the story of Archimedis yelling "Eureka", "Eureka".
The teacher then asked does anybody know the meaning of this.
Little Jonny replied - "I am naked, I am naked"

The Lost Wanderer said...

cooool... try givin imposition to someone... that shud be fun and a great blog post idea as well :D

- shanid

Shiv said...

@shani: Nice to see you :-)
Yeah I guess I will get plenty of topics to blog about now....

Anonymous said...

ha ha haha haha

ho ho hohohohoho ...

someone please help me ... I just cant stop laughing. Shiv Saar ...has arrived.

Shiv said...

@Sok: Read the trip log. You sure did have lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Saar we got the odour... :-d

Shiv the song reminds me of the title song of Spiderman...


Amar

Shiv said...

@amar: :-) Friendly neighbourhood Shivan Saar.

El Cynic said...

LOL!!! really good one, shiv..
luvd the poem ;-)

Anonymous said...

Who'll be my saar
You'll be my saar
You'll be my sky above
Who'll be my light
You'll be my light
You'll be my day and night

You'll be the daiva machan for generations. Good luck Shiv. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Shivan Saar, how is life as a Saar???

Ajith

Shiv said...

@Ajith: Nice to see ya... As the chineese say, I am living in interesting times :-)

The Absurd Adventures of Algernon Featherby

Algernon Featherby, a middle-aged chap with a penchant for tweed suits and a perpetual furrowed brow, returned to his quaint village after a...