Saturday, September 18, 2004

A brief look at my new life.

About my new life as an MTech Student.

There is this small adjustment factor. I am still not on the correct learning track.
There are only 12 people in my course. Most of them are just BTech freshers. Then there are others who are lecturers in the college.
Guess what, there are some people who take this course as their PhD !!!!
Can you believe that ??? I have a classmate who is around 40+ and he is doing the same course as his PhD !! Dont ask me why or how. I still have not figured out that part.
But it is said that in the IIT, they follow this syllabus for PhD.
( That is wonderful hosting!!!)
The only consolation is my friend who has promised to teach me everything. But I am not sure if he will get time for all that.
(Which is even more wonderful hosting !!!! )

The college is a truly beautiful place. Around 400+ acres. It takes a long time to walk from my lab to the hostel. Most ppl here have bought bicycles.

There is no ragging as all ppl here are interested only in studies and stuff like that. I am talking about the Mtech and PhD people. I guess the MBA guys are a lot more cooler.

There is a music and photography club here and I am planning to join them. But I am not sure if I will get time for those as my sir is very strict. He will not allow the students to go home on weekends because he believes this is the "padikkanulla prayam."
( Now thats the real "prayathinte prashnam" )

About my collegues:

The room next to my lab is a place where they are doing a project worth 2 crore.
The cabin next to mine is my teacher whos subject is partial differential equations. So obviously I cannot speak to her. She only understands maths. I dont think she speaks any other language.
2 cabins after mine is a person who is in the same course as I am but is 1 year senior. He is doing a project for ISRO - vibration analysis of space crafts.
At times I ask him if his space craft is stable. He looks at me with a serious expression and does not reply. I wonder what that is supposed to mean. Gives me vibrations at times.


There is this NPOL project that is coming that is about locking targets for submarines. If things are going the way it is, then there is a high probability that they might use me for target practice. And knowing my collegues and faculty members, I am sure they will blow me to vaccum in the first test shot no matter how hard I run.


5 comments:

sajith said...

Hahahaha! NPOL will surely use you to practice on, I can tell!

Shiv said...

Its not the NPOL guys I am worried about, its the rest of my collegues.

sajith said...

Nyhoo. You're so sure about the end result.

Shiv said...

Yo sajith,

Where is your new blog???

sajith said...

I should have mentioned. Blogger doesn't work for me any more.

Here's the alternate avatar: http://www.livejournal.com/~sajithCome read. Enzzoy maadi :)

The Absurd Adventures of Algernon Featherby

Algernon Featherby, a middle-aged chap with a penchant for tweed suits and a perpetual furrowed brow, returned to his quaint village after a...