Sunday, October 17, 2004

Schrodinger V/S Dharmendra

There is this friend of mine from Mumbai. I call him Dharmendra, cause he has a huge body... spends all the time in the gym and he starts every alternate sentence with " Ma kasam" or " Teri maa ki..."

I have often imagined old Dharamendra or Dharam for short getting up in the middle of our calculas class and shouting " Chup raho Sirr.. Nahi to ma kasam mein tujhe maar daloonga...!!"

Well.. something similar to that happened and I nearly died of laughing.

It all started with our Quantum Mechanics class. The professor started with the basics and moved over to the dangerous Scrodinger wave equation. It was obvious that we were not understanding anything.
The merciless professor then rudely plucked out an electron from a Helium atom ( in theory of course) and put it in a box. He then began applying the Scrodinger equation to the electron. The poor electron was soo terrified that it gave out soo many equations for its momentum and radiations...
The black board was filled with all kinds of equations and the electron was screaming bloody murder. It was a ghastly sight. If Medha Padkar was present in our class, she would have immediatly started an "Electron Bachao Andolan" and would have fasted till the electron was released and given back to the poor helium atom.

Two hours after the class, all of us were sitting in the canteen discussing what each of us understood over a cup of tea. When it was old Dharams turn to explain, all us looked at him expectingly...
He paused, took a long breath and said.

"Schrodingerrrr..... Teri ma ki aisi ki taisi !!!!"

To be honest, that actually summed up the whole 2 hours of Quantum Mechanics.


Epilouge:
This is what I found at a website:

I don't like it and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Erwin Schrodinger commenting on Schrodinger's equations

That confirms the "Paap ka Aulat" theory.

9 comments:

PesoBoy's Home said...

Not sure about your engineering talent. But you sure can be a Film Title writer for B-grade Hindi Movies. :-D
You could maybe even compose a song on these theories. So now we may get to hear more than just the bulb song. BTW, I miss the bulb song a lot :)

Regards
Amar

Shiv said...

Only B-grade movies??? :(
I always wanted to direct something...

Anyways, I guess I will be able to come down for the Pooja hols... I miss singing the bulb song...
I guess I can sing it when I come to Poornam next week :)

Shiv

PesoBoy's Home said...

OK, we can add the C,D....Z grades to it as well :-D
And we can have the titles as "Kutae" " Maa kasam" and so on...

We'll love to hear the bulb song as well.
Look forward to seeing you soon. :)

BTW, Sangeetha's article was featured on devpapers. :)
http://devpapers.com/article/233

Regards
Amar

sajith said...

Shiv, good that you warned Amar. Now they can take the necessary precautions :-D

Btw, never try Shrodinger's cat experiment at home, even if your professor advice you to.

PesoBoy's Home said...

Shrodinger's cat experiment - Eeks experiments on his own cat.

Shiv said...

The Scrodinger cat is said to be alive and dead at the same time.
It was an experiment to explain the dual nature of matter.

Anyways... if you come to my class you will find a lot of Schrodinger students...
We are both awake and asleep at the same time.

sajith said...

Ha ha ha! I can imagine, we've done that before :)

PesoBoy's Home said...

You never came to Poornam after that... Why ?
I had kept a T-shirt for you.

Shiv said...

Well, I was planning to come to Poornam.
But I had a major stomach problem and was down with fever for 2 days.

Thanks for keeping the T-shirt Amar :)
I will be coming sometime during Diwali :)

The Absurd Adventures of Algernon Featherby

Algernon Featherby, a middle-aged chap with a penchant for tweed suits and a perpetual furrowed brow, returned to his quaint village after a...