Saturday, May 21, 2005

The saga comes to an end



Its finally here and I am really excited. I am so excited that I spend almost all the time reading and re-reading reviews, watching the micro series, trying desperatly to catch up with the greatest sci-fi epic.

Now I am not all that crazy about star wars. I would rather spend my time travelling and seeing places rather queue up in front of some theatre for months. But I am hugely attracted to the philosophy and the way of the force that is characteristic of star wars.

Most reviews compare the saga to a greek tragedy. While the initial triology, episodes IV to VI, gives us an impression that the story is about a freedom struggle by the rebels against a cruel and unrelenting empire, watching the saga as a collection on all the six episodes will reveal that the story is really about the rise, fall, and final redemption of a jedi knight named Anakin Skywalker.

Can't wait to catch the movie when it comes to Coimbatore.

There are a number of sites on the web that has a wealth of information on star wars:
Star Wars Official Site
theforce.net
Some humorous blogs:
A really funny and insightful blog of Darth Vader
Mater Yoda's Blog

3 comments:

Shiv said...

Well actually, according to the website, there is a TV series to look forward to and also a range of cartoons like the microseries.

BTW, I have the clone wars volume 1 DVD of the microseries. :)

Did you see the movie. Is it there now in Blore ?

Shiv said...

Oh thats cool.
Hmm.. even I am looking for the last 3 episodes.
One of my friends bought the three set DVD for lord of the rings from some place in coimbatore. Maybe I can get star wars from that place too.
But have to check on that.

sajith said...

*cough, cough*

Alo, alo, anyone home?

@nambol: one word. National market :)

The Absurd Adventures of Algernon Featherby

Algernon Featherby, a middle-aged chap with a penchant for tweed suits and a perpetual furrowed brow, returned to his quaint village after a...