Friday, December 10, 2004

In search of Meer

My soul longs for the journey
To the place free of liberties

I am only happy in that town
Where I can feel Her nearness

Among these hollow stone gardens, I find no joy
My desire to travel makes me move towards Her....

O Mother, with eyes like the petals of blue lotus
I offer unto You whatever is left of me.



Yaaron mujhe muaaf rakho, main nashe mein hoon
Ab jaam do to khali hi do, main nashe mein hoon

(Friends you must excuse me, for I am intoxicated.
If you must, give me an empty glass, for I am intoxicated.)

Ya haathon-haath lo mujhe maanind-e-Jaam-e-ma'ay
Ya thodi door saath chalo, main nashe mein hoon

(Either take me hand-in-hand, as you would a glass of wine
Or walk a little distance along me, for I am intoxicated)

Gham se zara najaat mili bekhudi mein aaj
Ab mera intazaar karo, main nashe main hoon

(Got a little relief from sorrow, in being drunk today
Now you have to wait for me, for I am intoxicated.)

After tasting Divine Love, neither earthly wine, nor the kiss of the courtesan, nor the ritual of prayer has power to move one.

Complete shayari can be read here:
http://www.grandpoohbah.net/Grandpoohbah/mirji.htm

2 comments:

Shiv said...

Hey, Look who is here..........
I did not know that you started bloggin.
Vodka is always more than an ishara.
Just a few days back, I was telling my friends about our biking days. Showed them a couple of pics too from the Kodai trip.
Looking forward to seeing you.

Shiv said...

Sounds cool.
Cant wait to dangle my legs :)

We will go to Agra. Always wanted to see the Taj.

The Absurd Adventures of Algernon Featherby

Algernon Featherby, a middle-aged chap with a penchant for tweed suits and a perpetual furrowed brow, returned to his quaint village after a...