Saturday, December 07, 2019

Some Random thoughts


Yet another birthday. Mid-life crisis. I question myself on almost all decisions I have taken till now. Did I do this the right way? Should I have taken this career? Am I not trying hard enough? Is there a meaning to all this hard work, if fate has already decided what to do? I look at all the faces on the train while I commute to work and see shades of these same questions on them.

Ghalib says:
ग़म अगरचे जाँ-गुसिल है, प् कहाँ बचें की दिल है
ग़म-ए-इश्क़ गर न होता, ग़म-ए-रोज़गार होता

And Faiz Ahmed Faiz adds:

वो लोग बहुत खुश-किस्मत थे
जो इश्क़ को काम समझते थे
या काम से इश्क़ करते थे

हम जीते जी मसरूफ रहे
कुछ इश्क़ किया, कुछ काम किया

काम इश्क़ के आड़े आता रहा
और इश्क़ से काम उलझता रहा
फिर तंग आकर हमने
दोनों को अधूरा छोड़ दिया

No comments:

The Absurd Adventures of Algernon Featherby

Algernon Featherby, a middle-aged chap with a penchant for tweed suits and a perpetual furrowed brow, returned to his quaint village after a...